Tom has over a decade of litigation and trial experience across a broad range of matters, from professional liability cases to bet-the-company commercial disputes. He also has significant experience advising clients facing investigation or prosecution by licensing agencies, law enforcement, and other regulatory agencies. Prior to joining our team, Tom practiced at the law firms of Faegre Baker Daniels in Denver, CO (2015-2016), and at Jones Day in Chicago, IL (2007-2014), where he represented clients in a variety of business disputes, torts, and civil litigation, from counseling through trial and appeal.
At Hackney Odlum & Dardas Tom heads the firm’s Traverse City office where his practice includes medical malpractice defense, civil and commercial litigation, and insurance defense.
- State Bar of Michigan
- State Bar of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals Tenth Circuit
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 2003)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2007)